DOLE Batangas recognizes outstanding SPES beneficiaries
Updated: Apr 12, 2021
For their exemplary contribution, laudable character and deep appreciation of the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES), DOLE-Batangas recognized nine beneficiaries through its Gawad Parangal Para sa Natatanging Lingkod Mag-aaral held last December 7 at DOLE-Batangas New Bldg., Lipa City, Batangas.
“This awarding program is one-of-a-kind. Una, dahil first in CALABARZON ito. Second and more importantly, dahil we are showing future beneficiaries that, more than its economic benefits, SPES enriches the spirit and prepares students and OSYs to the world of work,” Dir. Predelma M. Tan, Director II, said.
Out of 688 SPES beneficiaries from Batangas Province, the following emerged, after thorough selection, nomination and interview, as Top 9:
• Mr. Yuji Benedicto, Top 1 (SPES Partner Employer: Provincial Government of Batangas)
• Ms. Ched Nicole Aguilar, Top 2 (SPES Partner Employer: City Government of Sto. Tomas)
• Mr. Gabriel M. America, Top 3 (SPES Partner Employer: Provincial Government of Batangas)
• Ms. Lileth Mortañez, Top 4 (SPES Partner Employer: De la Salle Lipa)
• Ms. Janine Pasahol, Top 5 (SPES Partner Employer: De la Salle Lipa)
• Mr. Clinton Martinez, Top 6 (SPES Partner Employer: Municipal Government of Balete)
• Mr. Rick Daniel Comia, Top 7 (SPES Partner Employer: University of Batangas)
• Mr. Ferdinand Burgos, Jr., Top 8 (SPES Partner Employer: City Government of Sto. Tomas)
• Mr. Chan Maaño, Top 9 (SPES Partner Employer: University of Batangas)
“Nagpapasalamat ako, sampu ng mga naparangalan, sa DOLE-Batangas. Hindi naming alam na may ganito palang recognition. What we know is that we are just doing, to the best of our abilities, the responsibilities na iniatang sa amin,” Mr. Benedicto, the Top 1, said with teary eyes.
Ms. Aguilar, the Top 2, added, “As SPES beneficiaries, we are touched by this effort na ipinapakita sa amin na we are appreciated. You see, parang bumalik sa alaala namin yung mga pinagdaaanan naming and then we say, ‘Yes, they are worth all the pains and sacrifices.’”
Other photos and video of the awarding proper can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/dole4a.batangas/posts/212981797068545 and at https://fb.watch/2dDZ2puUC9/.
Each of them received a token worth Php 500.00; a cash of Php 500.00; a gift certificate worth 300.00; a framed photo, and; an umbrella.
Active SPES Partners
DOLE-Batangas also expressed its appreciation to the SPES partner employers, especially to the following who were very active in honing a learning-filled experience for the SPES beneficiaries:
• Batangas Province Public Employment Service Office
• Sto. Tomas City Public Employment Service Office
• Balete Public Employment Service Office
• De la Salle Lipa Job Placement Office
• University of Batangas Public Employment Service Office
In her closing remarks, Dir. Tan said, “Sa totoo lang, it is you awardees who inspire us. Sa inyo namin nakikita na may impact talaga ang ginagawa naming programa. May you share the good word, your wonderful experience, sa iba. In that way, together, we can build a better community.”